Accountants For ContractorsFixed monthly fee with no exit fees or minimum periods
Whether you’re new to contracting or switching you can be confident you’re in safe hands
Fixed monthly fee with no exit fees or tie-in period
Free company formation if you’re starting out
We’ll submit your annual accounts, VAT & Corporation Tax
Free Accounting Software
StarterOur low cost option which suits those who just want help with accounts and returns
ProMaximising your income through your own personal accountant, VAT registration, saving time, money and hassle
ExecEverything covered for small businesses that want full bookkeeping management
*Please note, all rates quoted are exclusive of VAT.
Accounting Services Built On Trust And Reputation
Find Out How Much You Could Save By Setting Up A Limited Company
Get In touch
Need some advice on what to do?
Searching for an umbrella solution?
For as little as £20 per week, our solution ensures you’re getting paid on time and paying the correct amount of tax.
Why Choose Cobia?
- You will always deal with an accountant – all your queries are dealt with experts
- We offer excellent customer service – don’t take our word for it and read our TrustPilot reviews
- Market leading accounting software – we don’t use our own or a cheap accounting software. Our main software is Kashflow, but can work with Xero, Quickbooks, FreeAgent and Sage too if you prefer.
- Quick turnaround to queries – usually within 3 hours on our £99 package.
- No exit fees or tie in period – if you are no longer contracting and don’t require our services for your company then you are not obligated to continue paying the monthly fee.
- Free company set up, PAYE and VAT registration
- Refer others and get £100! – once you’re a customer with us simply recommend us and if they join we’ll send you some vouchers.
- Communicate how you want – we are available on email, over the phone, Skype or in person if you need us
- Software and Accounting training – upon joining you will receive unlimited training and help.
- Outsource your Bookkeeping – if you don’t want to deal with transactions or any accounting we can do this for you too. This costs from just £30 per month extra.
What We Do
Leaving you to concentrate on your day job, earning as much as you can. Along the way there will be questions and we are here to answer then advise accordingly as part of your package
Free Company Set Up
Maximise your Income
With a limited company you’ll need to handle invoicing, the company bank account and decide how to pay yourself. You can claim a wider range of expenses helping to increase your take home pay.
Free Accounting Software
Personal Accountants For Ongoing Help
Annual Accounts Filed
Find out more about the expenses you can claim
Contractor expenses and tax relief
As a contractor, you have the option to claim allowable expenses before calculating the tax you need to pay.
This reduces the amount of tax you need to pay as your tax is calculated based upon a lower amount of income than those in permanent employment.
When contractors set up a limited company, they can take home even more of their income by claiming these expenses to reduce their corporation tax bill, leaving company profit left over to spend as they choose.
Simplifying Accounting: All Our Packages Include Easy To Use Cloud Accounting Software
Access your accounts online from any device
- Update your accounts whilst issuing quotes & invoices with cloud-based software from our partner Kashflow
- Download an app to use on your phone
- Easily enable your personal accountant to view your finances to speed up returns and advice
- Be productive on the move
- Save over £150 on software fees with our packages (included in all our packages)
Keep A Close Eye On Your Accounts
- Keep an eye on your performance with reports on profit & loss, stock control and self assessment.
- Remind your customers about missing payments with automatic notifications.
- View overdue payments
Accounting Made Simple
- Full training session for new customers
- Suitable for non accountants with a full tips and help section
- Pre built standardised reports for quick access
- Online dashboard displaying your financial position
- Link your bank accounts into the software to automate income and expenditure
- Making it easier for you to see a real time view of your finances
- No need to manually record transactions, your accountant can instantly access your income and expenditure
Stop Chasing Unpaid Invoices
- Integration with industry leading online payment processors like Worldpay, PayPal and GoCardless.
- Issue invoices from anywhere, automate them and set reminders to pay increasing payment times.
Professional & Easy Invoicing
- Stop chasing unpaid invoices with automated follow ups
- Easy online invoicing with a professional branded look for your business
- Set up automation rules to match invoices and book keeping processes to save time
- Automate and duplicate invoicing
Chat to an expert on how you could be set up in just 24 hours!
Meet The Team
Formed in 2008, Cobia Accounting is part of the wider Cobia group, which offers a wide range of financial services so you can rest assured you’re in good hands. We specialise in digital bookkeeping and tax planning for freelancers, contractors, self-employed individuals, startups and small businesses.